Registration Fee: $50/person (includes lunch)
Please fill out a separate form for each attendee. However, you can pay with one check, if needed.
Written-Only Critique: $30 for each critique (You can select more than one; however, the $30 fee is for each critique.) A one-page written critique will be mailed to registrant at a minimum 2-3 weeks AFTER conference.
Registrants can send manuscript via mail to:
779 County Road 522
Jackson, MO 63755
Limited to one manuscript per publisher. Exception: Walrus Publishing. One manuscript to Lisa Miller, and one manuscript to Donna Essner.
Manuscripts can also be sent via email to: Rechenbergm@yahoo.com
If mailing your pages via USPS, please include a SASE to send critique.
If sending via email, please bring a SASE to the conference to give to registrar.
**Send the first five pages of your completed manuscript, Times New Roman, 12 pt., double-spaced; a one-page synopsis; and a one-page cover letter as an attachment to Rechenbergm@yahoo.com.
Type WRITTEN CRITIQUE in the subject line, or else the email will not be opened. Only the first five pages will be critiqued.
If selecting a written critique, please choose from the following: If more than one is chosen, the fee is $30 per critique.
Announcing the First
All Write Now! Annual Conference
co-sponsored by the Heartland Writers Guild and the Southeast Missouri Writers' Guild
Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 9:15 am - 4:30 pm
Cape Girardeau Library
711 N. Clark St.
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
The members of Southeast Missouri Writers’ Guild and Heartland Writer’s Guild are pleased to present the first annual All Write Now! Conference.
Join us for a day filled with workshops on writing craft, a panel discussion by Missouri Small Press publishers, pitches, written-only critiques, and a luncheon keynote address by Dr. Robert Hamblin. But wait. There’s more!
Want your manuscript published?
Of course you do!
Here's your opportunity!
Register for the first Annual All Write Now! Conference to be held in Cape Girardeau, Missouri at the Cape Girardeau Public Library on July 19, 2014, for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with publisher Lou Turner at High Hill Press.
Turner has generously donated a standard contract to one lucky attendee. She and her editors will work with the winning author to prepare a fiction or nonfiction manuscript for publication. Please see the Book Contract Information included for types of manuscripts High Hill Press accepts. Once the manuscript/nonfiction book is ready for publication, High Hill Press will publish the book.
That’s it! Well, almost. Like any good book, there’s a hook!
To enter, you must have a completed or almost completed fiction manuscript (in any genre,) or a nonfiction book proposal, which should include an introduction, chapter-by-chapter outline, and first three chapters. That’s it! Almost.
You must sign up to enter when you register for the conference. And you must be present to win. Lou Turner will select the winner in a random drawing at the close of the conference. It is the responsibility of the author to give their contact information to Lou prior to leaving from the conference. **Please see the Book Contract Information included for types of manuscripts High Hill Press accepts.
Don’t wait! Seating is limited at the conference.
Please check each publisher's website to see what they are looking for!
Pitch Session: Enter your first, second, and third choice (1,2,3). These are on a first-come, first-serve basis, so please register early to insure at least one publisher will hear your pitch.
Our Small Press faculty includes:
- Robin Tidwell, Rocking Horse Publishing
- Lisa Miller, Walrus Publishing, Inc., LLC
- Donna J. Essner, Walrus Publishing, Inc., LLC
- Kristina Blank Makansi, Blank Slate Press
- Claire Applewhite, Smoking Gun Press
- Sharon & Bill Hopkins, Deadly Writes Publishing
- Lou Turner, High Hill Press
Please review the publisher’s website on their submission guidelines. Do not send a critique to a publisher who is NOT looking for a genre they do not represent.
- Panel discussion and Q&A Missouri Small Press Publishers - "How To Publish Successfully with a Small Press"
Lunch & keynote address presented by Dr. Robert Hamblin
- Breakout Session #1 - "Common Mistakes Writers Make" presented by Bill and Sharon Hopkins, publishers, Deadly Writes Publishing
- Breakout Session #2 - "To Be Announced" presented by Lou Turner,publisher, High Hill Press
- Breakout Session #3 - "Creating Your Writer Platform" presented by author and Microsoft Guru Janet Cannon
- Breakout Session #4 - "How to Self-Publish on CreateSpace" presented by author, Carl Armstrong
- Breakout Session #5 - "On The Edge: Writing a Mystery That Matters" presented by Claire Applewhite, Acquisitions Editor, Smoking Gun Press
- Breakout Session #6 - "From Submission to Marketing and Distribution: What You Do Matters" presented by Robin Tidwell, publisher, Rocking Horse Publishing
- Breakout Session #7 - "Working with an Editor" presented by Kristina Blank Makansi, Editor/Publisher, Blank Slate Press Treehouse Author Services
- Breakout Session #8 - "The Fundamental Elements of Tension" presented by Lisa Miller, publisher, Walrus Publishing, Inc.
- Presentation to winner of publishing contract by Lou Turner, High Hill Press
|home : inspiration : audio
archive : about
hwg : resources : events : members